Presentations will be uploaded to this page as they are made available by speakers.
Day 1: Monday 27th February
State of the discussion
- Sergio Margulis: Mitigation from the developing country perspective, where development is the first order priority;
- Anand Patwardhan: Situating mitigation approaches within the development context: Seeking options that deliver multiple benefits.
- Guy Midgley: Overview of the most recent climate change science, and what this means for global mitigation efforts.
Discussion around the theoretical and methodological challenges of incorporating sustainable development aspects into the design of NAMAs.
- Prof Shukla
- Adrian Stone & Anthony Dane
- Sherman Indhul, Executive Manager Climate Change Policy and Sustainability, Transnet, South Africa.
Day 2: Tuesday 28th
Planning and low carbon development paths: panel discussion
- Tasneem Essop, South African National Planning Commission
- Surya Sethi, ex-Principal Advisor to the Indian National Planning Commission
- Andrea Rudnick, former head of the Climate Change Office of the Ministry of Environment, Chile.
The emissions implications of development
Day 3: Wednesday 29th
- Tara Caetano
- Carolina Grottera
Decarbonisation and Energy Security
Tools and Methods
- Navroz Dubash
- Lachlan Cameron